Thursday, April 7, 2011

A successful day!

Worked this morning and discovered that the book I've been eyeing up was actually mine. No, really. Several weeks ago a customer had been reading it while eating his lunch and we'd had a brief conversation, during which I mentioned that I hadn't yet read it, but would like to.
Yesterday that customer came back, said he'd thoroughly enjoyed it and hoped I would too. I am now the proud owner of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Stoked!
Came home, got changed, made a few phone calls and now have my name on 50 bales of meadow hay. Finally! It's like hens teeth this year! Went out to feed Harry before the weather got any worse (12 degrees and blowing a gale) He was very pleased to see me. Or the bucket... yeah, probably the bucket. No riding today, but I did give him a quick groom- he's beginning to really fluff up for the winter and his feet are looking SO good!
Met Gila at the paddock and had a bit of a chat. Her boss is looking for another barrista for a few hours a week, possibly full time later on. Gila's talking to her tomorrow. Hopefully I have another job sorted out! Whoop! If not that one, Brownie wants someone to come deal with SAP at his work for a few hours a week. I haven't had much experience with it, but I'm sure I could learn pretty quick. Looking pretty damn good on the job front anyway!
Had a few drinks with Wendy and Anne and came home to find confirmation that I was indeed owed a tax return. Should be seeing nearly $700 in the next few days. Hoorah!

You know, despite the nasty cold weather... it doesn't get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment