Monday, January 25, 2010

Summer!

So, got up early today, went out and did the milking, walked the cows right down to the end paddock and watched a plane take off over my head. Sherry's place ends right at the end of the invercargill airport runway. It was only a pencil plane, but it made me wish I were traveling again.

Got to Ainslies and fed the pigs, let the chickens out... etc etc.

Took Harry out for a ride. Oh wow :D We had a small argument again regarding the desireablity of standing about eating vs actually doing some work, but once we got going it was awesome :)
Went round the block to the left. Walking on the road for the most part, with some trotting on the verges close to home. Cantered on the long streatch by the first corner.
To begin with I felt really insecure, Harry's gaits aren't what they could be, they throw me out of the saddle a little too much. So I flopped about and felt like my legs were swinging wildly and our transitions were a mess...

We did it again anyway. And again. and then cruised for a bit enjoying the sun... And then had a lovely long open streach and went for it again. And by the end of two hours of this my legs felt ok, I was balanced, Harry was cantering reasonably nicely and not falling over his forehand so much, and my posting trot was actually keeping up with his sewing machine.

All in all, a wonderful success!

No comments:

Post a Comment