Sunday, October 18, 2009

rambling

Wondering what to write and coming to the conclusion that really, nothing is happening in my life worth writing about. It makes me a little sad. Life is boring. And I'm not doing anything and no wonder I'm feeling as stale as the bread found at the back of the pantry a week too late.
Today, for example, I got up, showered, did a load of washing, had breakfast and went to work. Work was ok, there was a band playing and I was happy enough. I fed a few people, cleared their tables, made some of them laugh, then I cleaned up and went home.
Not much of a life really, and certainly not what I want to be doing. I wonder if anyone's day is improved because I was in it? I wonder if anyone remembers that I spent my day trying to make people leave feeling more happy than they did when they arrived.
I don't know, really, what I want to do with my life, but I think I could be doing more to make the world a better place than I am. I think I could be doing more to make my life a little more entertaining. I just don't know what.
Ah well, I will sleep, and tomorrow, hopefully will leave me with something worth talking about.
Hah, or no time to write at all. So far the plan is: Feed animals, practice Equine touch on half the horses at Riding for the disabled, feed animals again, bike home, get cleaned up for staff meeting, go to staff meeting and have a few drinks while trying out the new menu, go to a business introduction meeting... For a monday, Its looking like I might actually get something done.
Have yet to see if any of it might lead to something life changing.
Life changing would be good, obviously I'm not satisfied with the one I'm living.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I'd see the day when you owned your own horse and STILL weren't satisfied ;-)

    Hope you feel more upbeat after your productive Monday. It's really cool that you're getting into Riding for the Disabled. I follow the blog of a disabled guy that used to do that, and it was really empowering for him. (Unfortunately it got to the point where he couldn't do it anymore, so now he swims, which isn't quite as inspiring to read about).

    ReplyDelete